Facilities & Directions
Dobie Holden Stadium
Dobie Holden Football StadiumNewly-renovated and remodeled Dobie Holden Stadium was unveiled in September, 2008. All new metal seating was installed. The project added 550 seats to the home side. The entire center section is now chair backs for reserved seating. The renovation also includes a new air-conditioned press box that includes bathroom facilities. Other features of the new stadium include: A new entry area with ticket booth and expanded restrooms, as well as an area to sell school memorabilia. New visitor dressing facility on the northeast corner of the stadium. And a walk-through plaza going to the stadium. Dobie Holden Stadium was originally constructed in 1966. It sat 4,000 fans on the home side and 1,000 fans on the visitors side, and has seen some of the finest community college football action in the state.
The stadium is named for coaching legend, Thomas Dobie Holden (1948-1966), who is credited with 8 state championships and one national championship during his tenure.
Visitor parking is located on the north and east sides of the stadium, while the home side utilizes the east and south sides of the stadium. The stadium was also once the former home to Poplarville High School's Hornets.